Ads 468x60px

Aug 29, 2013

The Fruit!!!


When I got mad today and hit my child"For his own good," I reconciled,And then I realized my plight ...Today, I taught my child to fight.


When interrupted by the phone,I said, "Tell them I'm not home."And then I thought, and had to sigh ...Today I taught my child to lie.


I told the tax man what I made,Forgetting cash that was paid,And than I blushed at this sad feat ...Today I taught my child to cheat.


I smugly copied a cassette,To keep me from one more debt,But now the bells of shame must peal ...Today I taught my child to steal.


Today I cursed another race,Oh God, protect what I debase,For now, I fear it is too late ...Today I taught my child to hate.


By my example, children learn That I must lead in life's sojourn,In such a way they are led By what is done and not what is said.


Today I gave my child his due By praise for him instead of rue.And now I have begun my guide;Today I gave my child his pride.


I now have reconciled and paid To IRS all that I have made.And now I know that this dear youth,Today has learned from me the truth.


The alms I give are not for show,And yet, this child must surely know That charity is worth the price:Today he saw my sacrifice.


I clasp within a warm embrace My neighbor of another race.The great commandment from up above.Today I taught my child to love.


Someday my child must face life alone This fearsome undertone,But I have blazed a sure pathway:Today I taught my child to pray.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your Comment here...

 

Visitor's Traces

Total Page views