Sayyiduna Jabir bin Abdullah (Radi Allahu Anhu) has narrated that the Beloved and Blessed Prophet (SallAllahu Alayhi wa Sallam) has stated,
"In Ramadan, my Ummah has been gifted five such things which were not given to any other Prophet (Alayhim as-Salam) before me:
1. On the first night of Ramadan, Allah showers special mercy upon them and the one upon whom Allah showers special mercy will never be punished.
2. In the evening, Allah likes the smell emanating from their mouths (due to hunger) more than even musk.
3. Angels pray for their forgiveness every night and day.
4. Allah orders Heaven to be adorned for His (righteous) people and says, ‘Soon they will get rid of the grief of the world and find solace in My house and My bounties.’
5. On the last night of Ramadan, Allah forgives them all."
Standing up, a person asked, "Ya RasoolAllah (SallAllahu Alayka wa Sallam)! Is that Laylat al-Qadr?"
He (SallAllahu Alayhi wa Sallam) replied, "No. Do you not see that a labourer is given his wage when he finishes his job?"
[At-Targhib wat-Tarhib, Vol. 2, Page 56, Hadith 7]