Ads 468x60px

Mar 17, 2015

Love For The Less Fortunate

Always make Shukr (be grateful) for whatever Almighty Allah has given you, and don’t ever forget those who are less fortunate than you. Never look down on the poor, the orphan and the needy, but look at them with the sight of love and compassion. This is what our Nabi Sall Allahu alaihi wa Sallam taught us. Today, there are so many people who are proud of their financial status and hence look down on those who are less fortunate. This is not the sign of a true Believer.

The Beloved Rasool Sall Allahu alaihi wa Sallam said, "I looked into Jannah and saw that the majority of the people in it were the poor, and I looked into Jahannam and I found that the majority of the people in it were women." [Bukhari Shareef]

When we assist the needy, the orphan and the less fortunate, we should not do it for name and fame or to try and portray how generous we are, but we should do it for the pleasure of Allah and His Rasool Sall Allahu alaihi wa Sallam. It is mentioned about Hazrat Imam Zainul Aabideen Radi Allahu anhu that he would discreetly send money to the poor people living in Madinah Shareef and none of them knew that the money was coming from him. The only time this became known to them, was after his Wisaal. [Tareekh ul Khulafa]

We should learn from the truly pious and look at how they strived to assist the less fortunate, especially children who were in need. Hazrat Sirri Saqti radi Allahi anhu says, “I once saw Hazrat Ma’roof Karghi radi Allahu anhu gathering dates on the day of Eid, so I stopped and asked the reason for this. He said, 'That young boy is crying because all the other children have new clothes and he has nothing new on Eid day. I thus, decided to collect some dates, sell them and then buy something for him, so that he is kept busy playing and does not feel uncomfortable on the day of Eid.” Hazrat Sirri Saqti radi Allahu anhu says, “I said, Huzoor there is no need for you to do this, I will make sure he gets something on Eid. I then took the boy with me and bought him a new set of clothes. After I did this, a Noor (light) entered my heart, which brought me great pleasure and my condition became very different (i.e. special)”
[Masaalikus Saalikeen vol.1 pg 287]

When last have you gone out of your way to assist someone in need or someone less fortunate than you, with true sincerity and compassion? Love the poor, the orphan and the less fortunate as Nabi Sall Allahu alaihi wa Sallam loved them.

sag e Mufti e Azam
Muhammad Afthab Cassim Qaadiri Razvi Noori

Imam Mustafa Raza Research Centre, Durban, South Africa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your Comment here...

 

Visitor's Traces

Total Page views