Ads 468x60px

Oct 4, 2016

Merits of Sayyiduna Umar bin al-Khattab Radi Allahu Anhu

Merits of Sayyiduna Umar bin Al-Khattāb
(Martyred 1st Muharram 24AH)

The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said:
“O Ammar, Jibril عليه السلام came to me and I asked, “O Jibril narrate to me the virtues of Umar ibn Al-Khattab in the heavens.” He said, “O Muhammad, if I was to narrate the virtues of Umar from the time that Nūh عليه الصلاة والسلام remained with his people, nine hundred and fifty years, I would not exhaust the virtues of Umar.” [Musnad Abū Ya'lā]

“Whoever hates Umar hates me. Whoever loves Umar loves me.” [Al-Tabarāni Awsat]

“You shall not be afflicted with tribulation as long as Umar is amongst you.” [Al-Tabarānī Al-Awsat]

“If the Islam of Umar was an opening his migration was a victory and his leadership was mercy. I swear by Allah that we were unable to pray at the Ka’bah publically until Umar became Muslim.” [Al-Mustadrak, Hākim]

“Jibril عليه السلام came to me and said, Convey greetings to Umar and say to him his satisfaction is wisdom and his anger might.” [Al-Tabrani]

“I am from Umar and Umar is from me. The truth, after me, is with Umar wherever he is.” [Al-Tabrani]

"O Allah, strengthen Islam with Abu Jahl bin Hishām or Umar bin Khattāb." In the morning Umar went to the Holy Prophet, may Allah send greetings and salutations on him, and embraced Islam." [Sunan Tirmidhi]

"O Muhammad – may Allah send greetings and salutations on him – indeed, the residents of the heavens are rejoicing in Umar`s embracing Islam." [Sunan Ibn Majah]

If there were to be a prophet after me, indeed he would be Umar, son of Khattab. [Sunan Tirmidhi]

"Indeed, Allah has placed truth upon Umar`s tongue and heart." [Sunan Tirmidhi]

"Among the tribe of Israel before you were men who were spoken to without being Prophets. If there are any of them among my community, then it is Umar." [Sahih al-Bukhari]

"If the knowledge of Umar was put on one side of a scale, and the knowledge of the people on the other side of the scale, 'Umar's knowledge would weigh more." [Al-Mustadrak Hakim]

“Abu Bakr and Umar are the leaders of the mature inhabitants of Paradise, of the first and the last with the exception of the Prophets and the Messengers.” [Jami' al-Ahadith]

"Abdullah Bin Masud once said in love of Umar: "If I came to know of a dog that loved Umar, then indeed I would love that dog too." [Ahmad]

"After the Noble Messenger, the best of people is Abu Bakr, then the best of people is Umar." [Sunan Ibn Majah]

رضي الله تعالى عنهم أجمعين

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your Comment here...

 

Visitor's Traces

Total Page views