Ads 468x60px

Sep 23, 2014

The Story Of Ma’habshun

Hazrat Ibn Ma’habshun Radi Allahu Anhu said, ‘my father Ma’habshun passed away, so we placed him on the bathing board to bathe him.  
When the person who was to perform the Ghusl entered, he noticed that one of his blood vessels was still pulsating.  
It was the vessel on the lower part of his leg, so we did not bury him.  
After three days, he sat up and said, ‘Bring me ‘Sittu’ (meal made from barley).’
We presented it to him and he drank it.  
We asked him to relate to us what happened to him.
He said, ‘my soul was taken by an Angel to the sky of the earth, and he had the door opened.  In this manner, it went through to the seventh sky.  When it reached the sky it was asked, ‘Who is with you?’  
The Angel said, ‘Ma’habshun.’
The Angel said, ‘his time has not come as yet.’  There is now still this many years left in his life, so I came down and on my way I saw Rasoolullah SallAllahu Alaihi Wa Sallam and to his right I saw Hazrat Abu Bakr Radi Allahu Anhu and to his  left I saw Hazrat Umar Radi Allahu Anhu and I found Umar bin Abdul Aziz Radi Allahu Anhu in front of him.
I asked the Angel with me, ‘Who is this?’  
He replied, ‘Do you not recognise him.’  
I said, ‘I wish to confirm what I know.’  
He said, ‘It is Umar bin Abdul Aziz Radi Allahu Anhu.’  
I said, he is very close to Rasoolullah SallAllahu Alaihi Wa Sallam, so the Angel replied, ‘Why should it not be so, when he acted upon Righteousness and Justice in a time of injustice and oppression, and Hazrat Abu Bakr and Hazrat Umar Radi Allahu Anhum acted on Righteousness in an Era of Righteousness’.’ 

[Sharh us Sudoor Bi Sharhi Haalil Mauta Wal Quboor]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your Comment here...

 

Visitor's Traces

Total Page views