Ads 468x60px

Sep 18, 2014

Two Little Warriors


Sayyiduna Abdur Rahman bin ‘Awf (Radi Allahu Anhu) says, “On the day of the battle of Badr, I was standing in the line of the warriors. I spotted 2 young children belonging to the Ansar (Mu'az and Mu'awwaz Radi Allahu Anhuma). One of them quietly asked me, ‘O uncle, would you be able to recognise Abu Jahl?’, I replied, I would, but what do you have to do with him? He said, ‘I have come to know that he has insulted the Exalted Prophet (SallAllahu Alayhi wa Sallam). By Allah! If I see him I’ll fiercely attack and kill him even though I have to sacrifice my life.’ The young boy next to him expressed the same sentiments to me.

I pointed out Abu Jahl to the two young boys. Waving their swords in the air, they ran towards him and pounced on him like eagles; he fell to the ground, wounded, unable to move. Both boys approached the Holy Prophet (SallAllahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and said, ‘Ya RasoolAllah (SallAllahu Alayka wa Sallam) we have killed Abu Jahl’. The Holy Prophet (SallAllahu Alayhi wa Sallam) asked, ‘Which one of you killed him?’ Both replied, ‘I did’, the Holy Prophet (SallAllahu Alayhi wa Sallam) asked, ‘Have you wiped your swords?’ ‘No’ they replied. Looking at their swords which had been red with blood, the Holy Prophet (SallAllahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, ‘Both of you killed him’.”

[Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 2, Page 356, Hadith 3141]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your Comment here...

 

Visitor's Traces

Total Page views