Ads 468x60px

Feb 7, 2013

The Pencil and Eraser



PENCIL: I'm sorry

ERASER: For what? You didn't do anything wrong.

PENCIL: I'm sorry because you get hurt because of me. Whenever I made a mistake, you're always there to erase it. But as you make my mistakes vanish, you lose a part of yourself. You get smaller and smaller each time.

ERASER: That's true. But I don't really mind. You see, I was made to do this. I was made to help you whenever you do something wrong. Even though one day, I know I'll be gone and you'll replace me with a new one, I'm actually happy with my job. So please, stop worrying. I hate seeing you sad.

LESSON: Parents are like the eraser whereas their children are the pencil. They're always there for their children, cleaning up their mistakes. Sometimes along the way, they get hurt, and become smaller / older, and eventually pass on. Though their children will eventually find someone new (spouse), but parents are still happy with what they do for their children, and will always hate seeing their precious ones worrying, or sad….However our parents are getting smaller and smaller each day…One day, all that we would be left with will be eraser shavings and memories of what we used to have.

Allah, Most Wise admonishes us:
And your Lord Commanded that worship not any else excepts Him and does good to parents. If either or both
of them reach old age before you, utter not even a faint cry to them and chide them not and speak to them the
word of respect. [Surah Al-Isrâ, Verse 23]
And spread for them the arm of humility with tender heart and say, 'O my Lord; have mercy on these both as
they both brought me up in my childhood.' [Surah Al-Isrâ, Verse 24]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your Comment here...

 

Visitor's Traces

Total Page views