Ads 468x60px

Sep 17, 2013

The Final Embrace


Hadrat Sayyid Ale Rasul Hasnayn Miya Barkaati Nazmi
Sajjadah Nasheen Khanqa Aaliya Qadiriya Barkaatiya Marehra Mut’ahhara

(May Allah Ta’ala grant him peace and tranquillity in every state of affairs)

He narrates,

Hudhur Mufti-e-Azam Hind رضی اللّٰہ تعالٰی عنہ, in his last days, was in the state of mystification. His travelling ventures were discontinued. He resided in Bareilly Sharif and his perpetual presence in his home town was a catalyst which spiritualised his disciples. It was in those times when the assembly stage collapsed during the Urs celebration of Aala Hadrat رضی اللّٰہ تعالٰی عنہ and the news about Hadrat; that both his ribs were broken, spread like wild fire. This news was heart-rending for the family of Barkaat of Marehra Sharif. The erudite scholar, the bright star of the Ulama, Hudhur Mustafa Haydar Hasan Marehravi (my beloved uncle) instructed me to proceed to Bareilly Sharif.

The time at which I reached Bareilly Sharif, I observed that there is a crowd of people near the mausoleum of Aala Hadrat رضی اللّٰہ تعالٰی عنہ . These people had also arrived to visit Hadrat and for many days they have not yet seen him. I intended that I should secretly proceed and reach Hadrat quietly. However, in that crowd, one of the special servants of Hadrat who is also my representative (Khalifa); Mawlana Abd Al-Hadi Al-Qadri Al-Afriqi, recognised me. Then my presence was known to everyone and the crowd which was there; rushed towards me and surrounded me. This was very worrisome as I was in a taut predicament. Hudhur Mufti-e-Azam رضی اللّٰہ تعالٰی عنہ came to know about the commotion from inside his home and he ordered his servants to bring me to him.

When I entered his home, I saw him lying on his bed as he was beautifully dressed in a turban and the garments of sainthood. He wanted to stand up for me but I hurried and resisted him from rising up. As I kissed his soft hands, in return he kissed my hands. The servant of the house came and informed me that Hadrat has not eaten anything from this morning and he requested me to request Hadrat to eat. I instructed the servant to bring the food and he immediately hurried to the kitchen and brought some stew food. I requested, “Hadrat, please sit up and eat some food from my hands”, at this he replied, “There is no appetite”. I requested again to eat only two morsels. He stated, “I will not be able to sit up”. I said, “I will support you”. Listening to this, Hadrat started weeping and proclaimed, “Yes, supporting is a special quality of you masters. May Allah Ta’ala raise me on the Last Day with your support.”
Now I was sweating with trepidation, nevertheless, I placed my right hand behind his waist to support him and he encircled both his arms around my neck and perched against me. Seeing this golden opportunity, I also embraced him and made him sit up. We were now in this position for some time and I started easing my support, however, Hadrat held his arms tightly around me. I informed him to rest so that I may feed him, but what Hadrat replied next sent shivers down my spine.
He said: “First promise me that you shall also support me in this way on the plains of the Judgement Day!” What authority I have that I have to support him? With trembling lips I replied in affirmative. Thereafter, he released me and ate a morsel from my hands. When I was leaving, he handed an envelope to me in which there were 11 rupees. I kindly refused accepting this but Hadrat said, “Not to accept the gift from the servant is not a quality of the master”. So, respecting his command, I took the envelope and kissed his feet.

How much more should I recall?

(Jahaan e Mufti A'zam, pg 226)

Bil-yaqeen hoga salaamat tera Deen,
Mufti-e-A'zam se ulfat kijiye

(Without a doubt, your Deen will be secured,
(if you) arender your affection for Mufti-e-A'zam!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your Comment here...

 

Visitor's Traces

Total Page views