Ads 468x60px

Oct 25, 2013

Glad Tidings Of Caliphate

It is narrated on the authority of Hadrat Anas bin Malik (Radi Allahu Ta'ala Anhu), he says that the Holy Prophet (SallAllahu Alayhi wa Sallam) went to a orchard. A person came and knocked on the door. The Holy Prophet (SallAllahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said: O Anas! Get up and open the door. Give him the glad tidings of Jannah and the caliphate after me. I asked: O Prophet of Allah (SallAllahu Alayhi wa Sallam)! Should I tell him all this? He said: Yes, tell him. When I came outside, I saw that it was Hadrat Abu Bakr Siddiq (Radi Allahu Ta'ala Anhu). I told him: There are glad tidings of Jannah for you and glad tidings of caliphate after the Holy Prophet (SallAllahu Alayhi wa Sallam).

Then another person came and knocked at the door. The Holy Prophet (SallAllahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said: O Anas! Get up and open the door for him. Give him glad tidings of Jannah and of the caliphate after Abu Bakr. I asked: O Prophet of Allah (SallAllahu Alayhi wa Sallam)! Should I tell him this? He said: Yes, tell him. When I came out I saw that it was Hadrat ‘Umar (Radi Allahu Ta'ala Anhu). I told him: There are glad tidings of Jannah for you and of the caliphate after Hadrat Abu Bakr (Radi Allahu Ta'ala Anhu).

Then yet another person knocked. The Holy Prophet (SallAllahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said: Anas, get up and open the door for him. Give him glad tidings of Jannah and of the caliphate after Abu Bakr and ‘Umar. Also give him the glad tidings of martyrdom. When I came out, I saw it was Hadrat ‘Uthman (Radi Allahu Ta'ala Anhu). I told him so. Then Hadrat ‘Uthman (Radi Allahu Ta'ala Anhu) came to the Holy Prophet (SallAllahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and said: O Prophet of Allah (SallAllahu Alayhi wa Sallam)! By Allah, I have never sung and have never done any indecent thing. From the time I gave my pledge to you, I have never touched my private parts with that hand. The Holy Prophet (SallAllahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said: O ‘Uthman, it is for this reason you have received such high stations.

[Kanz al-Ummal, Hadith 36267]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your Comment here...

 

Visitor's Traces

Total Page views