Ads 468x60px

Oct 25, 2013

Sayyiduna Uthman e Ghani - Part 2

★ Sayyiduna Abdullah bin Salam (Radi Allahu Anhu) has stated: When the rebels had laid siege to the sanctified house of Uthman Al-Ghani (Radi Allahu Anhu) even a single drop of water was not allowed to supply his blessed home. Sayyiduna Uthman Al-Ghani would feel restless due to severe thirst. He was observing fast during the day and I went to see him. He looked at me and said, ‘O! Abdullah bin Salam, I beheld the Noble Prophet (SallAllahu Alayhi wa Sallam) through this skylight. The Most Merciful Prophet (SallAllahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said in a very sympathetic manner, ‘O Uthman! These people have made you restless by thirst blocking the water?’ I respectfully replied, ‘Yes.’ So, the Noble Prophet (SallAllahu Alayhi wa Sallam) immediately lowered a bucket towards me that was filled with water. I quenched my thirst. I can still feel the soothing effect of that water between both of my breasts and both of my shoulders.

The Prophet (SallAllahu Alayhi wa Sallam) then said, ‘O Uthman! If you wish, I’ll help you against these people; or if you like you may come to me and break your fast in my company.’ I respectfully replied, ‘Ya RasoolAllah (SallAllahu Alayka wa Sallam); breaking my fast in your graceful court is dearer to me.’ Sayyiduna Abdullah bin Salam stated that he returned that day and Sayyiduna Uthman was martyred on that same day by the rebels. [Kitab al-Manamat, Vol. 3, Page 74, Hadith 109]

★ Imam Jalal al-Din Suyuti (Alayhir Rahmah) has narrated that Shaykh Ibn Batish (Alayhir Rahmah) deduced that this event (of the sighting of the Noble Prophet SallAllahu Alayhi wa Sallam) was not a dream, rather it took place whilst awake. [Al-Hawi lil Fatawi, Vol. 1, Page 151]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your Comment here...

 

Visitor's Traces

Total Page views