Sayyiduna Ghawth al-Azam (Radi Allahu Anhu) was a Wali by birth and this is evident from a number of Marvels manifested during his childhood.
1. When Ghawth al-Azam's mother used to say "AlHamduLILLAH" after sneezing, he would reply from the womb saying "YarHamukillah". [Al Haqaiq fil Hadaiq, Page 139]
2. Sayyiduna Ghawth al-Azam came into this world on Monday, the first of Ramadan al-Mubarak at the time of dawn. His lips were moving slowly and he was heard saying "Allah Allah." [Al Haqaiq fil Hadaiq, Page 139]
3. On the day of his birth, 1100 boys were born in Jilan Sharif and all of them became Saints of Allah. [Tafrih al-Khatir, Page 15]
4. Ghawth al-Azam kept the first fast on the day he was born. He did not feed on his mother’s milk until sunset. He kept all the fasts of that month. [Bahjat al-Asraar, Page 172]
5. Whenever he would intend to play, he would hear a divine voice, "O Abdul Qadir! We have not created you for playing." [Al-Haqaiq fil Hadaiq, Page 140]
6. When he used to go to the Madrasah, a voice would be heard saying, "Give room to Allah’s friend." [Bahjat al-Asraar, Page 48]