Ads 468x60px

May 21, 2014

TAUHEED Doctrine of Oneness


It is reported on the authority of Abu Huraira Radi Allahu Taala Anhu. We were sitting around the Messenger of Allah Sallal laahu Alaihi Wasallam (may peace and blessings be upon him). Abu Bakr Radi Allahu Anhu and Umar Radi Allahu Anhu were also there amongst the audience.The Messenger Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam got up and left us, he delayed in coming back which caused us anxiety that he might be in some problem; so being alarmed we got up.

I was the first to be alarmed, therefore I went out to look for the Messenger of Allah Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam (may peace and blessings be upon him) and came to a garden belonging to the Banu-an-Najjar. I went round it looking for a gate but failed to find one. Seeing a rabee' ( stream-let) flowing into the garden from a well outside, I drew myself together like a fox and wriggled into the garden and presented myself where the Prophet Sallal Laahu Aliahi wasallam was.

He(the Holy Prophet) Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam said: “O Abu Huraira”, to which I replied “Yes Ya Rasool-Allah I am present.” The Holy Prophet Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam said, “What is the matter with you?”, to which I replied “You were amongst us but got up and went away and delayed in returning for a while, so fearing that you might be attacked by some enemy when we were not with you, we became alarmed. We all set out to look for you, I was the first to be alarmed so I came to this garden and drew myself together as a fox does and entered. The other people are following me.”

The Prophet Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam gave me his Blessed sandals and said “O Abu Hurairah, take away these sandals of mine, and when you meet anyone outside this garden who testifies that there is none worthy of worship but Allah, being assured of it in his heart,gladden him by announcing that he shall go to Paradise.”

Sayyiduna Abu Huraira says, “the first one I met was Umar.” He asked: “What are these sandals, Abu Huraira?” I replied: “These are the sandals of the Messenger of Allah with which he has sent me to gladden anyone I meet who testifies that there is none worthy of worship but Allah, being assured of it in his heart, with the announcement that he would go to Paradise.”

Thereupon Umar struck me on the breast and I fell backwards. He then said: “Go back, Abu Huraira” , so I returned to the Messenger of Allah Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam(may peace be upon him) and started to cry. Umar had followed me closely and was behind me. The Messenger of Allah Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam (may peace and blessings be on him) said“What is the matter with you, Abu Huraira?”. I said “I happened to meet Umar and conveyed to him the message with which you sent me.He struck me on my breast which made me fall down and ordered me to go back.”

Upon this the Messenger of Allah Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam(may peace beupon him) said, “What prompted you to do this, 'Umar?”. He said: “Ya Rasool-Allah, may my mother and father be sacrificed to thee, did you send Abu Huraira with your sandals to gladden anyone he met and who testified that there is none worthy of worship but Allah,and being assured of it in his heart, with the tidings that he would go to Paradise?”. He replied “Yes.” Umar said: “Ya Rasool-Allah, please don't, for I am afraid that people will trust in it alone; let them go on doing (good) deeds.” The Messenger of Allah Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam (may peace be upon him) said: “OK,let them do good deeds.”

Saheeh Muslim vol 1 ,Mishkaatul Masabih

Taken from Amjadul Hadith from the Ahadith Shareefah used in Bahare Shariah by Khalifa Alahadrat Sadrush Shariah Badrut Tareeqa Hazrat Allama Amjad Ali Alayhir Rahmah

Translated by Faqeer Mohammed Shakeel Qadri Ridawi 20Th Rajjab 1435 20/05/2014

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your Comment here...

 

Visitor's Traces

Total Page views