Ads 468x60px

Apr 19, 2013

Is Zikr-e-Allah Enough For A Muslim?


Is Zikr e Rasul (sallalahu alaihi wasallam) Zikr -e- Allah?

It is narrated that Ubai ibn Ka’b (radi Allahu anhu) said: When two-thirds of the night had passed, the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) would say: “O people, remember Allah, remember Allah. The first Trumpet is about to sound, and will soon be followed by the second; death has come with all that it entails, death has come with all that it entails.” 

Ubai bin Ka'ab said: 
 “’O Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) I invoke Allah’s peace and blessings (Durood Sharif) upon you copiously; how much time should I earmark for this?’ 
He said: ‘As much time as you think proper.’ 
I submitted: ‘A quarter of my time?’
He said: ‘As much you wish; but it would be better for you, if you could devote more time.’
I said: ‘Half of my time?’ 
He said: ‘Whatever you wish; but it would be (still) better for you, if you were to increase it.
Then I said: ‘Two-third of my time?’ 
He said: ‘As much you wish; but it would be (still) better for you if you were to increase it.’ 
I said: ‘Shall I devote all my time (supplications) to reciting Salat (benediction) on you?’
He said: ‘Then it will take care of all your worries and your sins will be forgiven.”

SUBHANALLAH!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your Comment here...

 

Visitor's Traces

Total Page views