Ads 468x60px

Jun 11, 2013

Permissibility of Doing Dhikr Aloud after Jama'at Prayers‏



Some sects prohibit any dua or Dhikr after congregational prayers. The following Ahadith prove permissibility of these after prayers aloud.

Imam Bukhari narrated that Abu Huraira (radi Allahu anhu) reported that the Prophet said, "If My servant mentions Me in himself, I will mention him in Myself. If he mentions Me in a group, I will mention him in a group in My presence." We understand from this hadith that to mention Allah in a group indicates loud dhikr. Some scholars determined from this that using loud dhikr is permitted.

Imam Bukhari narrated in his book of hadith, that Ibn 'Abbas (radi Allahu anhu) said, "In the time of the Prophet the people used to raise their voices in Dhikr."

Imam Bukhari narrated in his book of hadith, that Abu Ma'bad (radi Allahu anhu), the freed slave of Ibn 'Abbas (radi Allahu anhu), said: "Ibn 'Abbas told me, 'In the lifetime of the Prophet   it was the custom to celebrate Allah's praises aloud after the obligatory congregational prayers.'" Ibn 'Abbas (radi Allahu anhu) continued, "When I heard the Dhikr, I would know that the congregational prayer had ended."

Imam Ahmad, Abu Dawud and Tirmidhi related that as-Sa'ib (radi Allahu anhu) preported that the Prophet said, "Jibril came to me and ordered me to order my Companions to raise their voices in takbir."

It is narrated by Imam Bukhari and Muslim and mentioned by Jalaluddin as-Suyuti, from other collections, that 'Ali bin Abi Talib (radi Allahu anhu) said, "I asked the Prophet one time, 'O Messenger of Allah, guide me to the shortest way to Allah's Presence, and the easiest way to worship, and the best way for Allah, Almighty and Exalted. The Prophet said, 'O 'Ali, you have to be continuously making Dhikrullah, silently and aloud.' I replied, 'O Prophet all human beings are making dhikr. Give me something special.' The Prophet said, 'O 'Ali, the best of what I, and all prophets before me, said is “la ilaha illallah”. If all the heavens and earth were placed on one side of the balance and la ilaha illallah were placed in the other, la ilaha illallah would be heavier. Judgment Day will never come as long as there are people on this earth saying la ilaha illallah.' Then I said, 'How should I recite.' The Prophet said, 'Close your eyes and listen to me reciting la ilaha ill-Allah three times. Then you say it three times and I will listen to you.' Then the Prophet said it and I repeated it in a loud voice."

In the narration of Imam Ahmad and Tabarani this hadith is continued, describing how the Prophet taught his Companions the dhikr. "'Ibada bin Samit said that the Prophet said, 'Is there any stranger among you?' And we said, 'No, Ya Rasul-Allah.' He said, 'Close the door.' Then he said, 'Raise your hand and repeat after me La ilaha illallah' We raised our hand and said, la ilaha illallah. Then the Prophet said, 'Praise be to Allah that He sent me to this world with this kalimah, and He ordered me with it, and He promised me the Paradise with it, and He never changes His Promise.' Then the Prophet said, 'Be happy! Allah has forgiven you.'"

Jalaladin as-Suyuti mentioned in an article called "Natijat al-Fikr fi Jahri-dh-Dhikr," the Benefits of Loud Dhikr, twenty-five authentic hadiths which mention doing loud dhikr.

لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your Comment here...

 

Visitor's Traces

Total Page views